Royal state of Rajasthan, the state of kings and kingdoms has its own charisma when it comes to the grandeur of rich and historical monuments. Filled with many amazing and wonderful cities, Rajasthan plays a vital role in Indian Tourism. One of the major cities in Rajasthan is Jaipur, the pink city of India.
Boasting a plethora of amazing forts, palaces and havelis, Jaipur is coronating the crown of Rajasthan Tourism. One of the major tourist attractions in Jaipur is Amber Fort.
Famous as Jewel of Jaipur, Amber Fort is an amazing place which is comprises with the rich cultural and heritage history of Rajasthan. Built by Raja Man Singh in 17th century, the fort has been a witness of many invasion and rules through different dynasties. The fort has all the things in it which will make your Rajasthan tour packages memorable.
Here in this post we are going to discuss about the interesting facts of Amber Fort by which you can know about the plush history of this place.
1. It took almost more than 100 years to build this magnificent fort, taking the efforts of Raja Jai Singh 1 and Sawai Man Singh 2 in the construction of Amber Fort.
2. Before Jaipur, It was Amber which used to serve as the capital of Rajasthan, then Rajputana. Yet the magic of fort is still intact and continues to fascinate everyone and featuring as a major part of Jaipur Tourism.
3. The Fort of Amber is not less than any miracle. The huge architecture of the temple is compact with various palaces, temples along with the gardens which are just the treat for the eyes. All these things are still as flamboyant as ever as they were centuries ago.
4. There is a lingam in the Maota Lake beside Amber Fort which is located at the foot of the cliff. Legend has, the state of Amber will be demolished when the stone id completely submerged.
5. This beautiful lake used to serve as a major source of water to Amber fort. It offers beautiful sight to travellers along with the Kesar Kyari Bagh, Garden Island and ramparts.
6. Name of the Amber Fort is derived from the city Amber when it won against the capital of Kachhawa Kingdom. The city itself has got its name from Goddess of fertility, Goddess Amba. While some believe that Amber has got its name from Ambikeswar which is another name of Lord Shiva. According to some others, there was a ruler names Ambarisha who was the ruler of Ayodhya. This fort is indeed a house rich history and traditions of Country.
7. One of the many palaces in Fort is Sheesh Mahal, the palace of mirror. It is actually a centre of attraction of this fort. It is being said that palace reflect by the natural light from outside and illuminate everything inside. Centuries have past, still the magic of this palace is as intact and mesmerizing as it was centuries back. Watching mirror walls and ceilings is just a treat for eyes.
8. The amazing and magical flower fresco at sheesh Mahal is nicely carved at the base of the pillars. These flowers show different imagery when seen from different angles. This flower shows imagery of fish tail, lotus, scorpion, elephant trunk and hidden cobra in a single carving which depends on the angle from where you look.
9. There are four gates of four sections in Amber. The place is majestic, charming and pleasing and each section is having its own amazing history. The names of the gates are as follows – Suraj Pol and Ganesh Pol which are two major gates of the fort.
10. Very few know but the Fort of Amber is secretly connected with the fort of Jaigarh through a tunnel. This tunnel was created as a secret passage which used in a condition of war for the safe passage of royal ladies, old people and kids. The tunnel is 2 km long and is compact with few torches along the way. The tunnel is mostly dark and one can easily feel the era of bygone princesses and women escaping through the tunnel from invaders.
11. Being a significant tourist attraction, the place is filled with a plethora hotel near Amber Fort in Jaipur. Lebua Lodge at Amber, Regenta Central By Royal Orchid Hotel, KK Royal Hotel, Hotel Amer View, Jal Mahal Haveli and many more are considered as the best hotels in Jaipur near Amber Fort.