Weekends are for chilling! Looking for an unusual, offbeat place to chill and unwind after a long hectic day at work week? There is nothing better than a good company, good food and amazing new places to explore around your city on the weekends. If you’re looking for one such place in Bangalore, you have landed at the right page! We have you covered with the top 5 offbeat places in Bengaluru to wind on a weekend.
Situated about 260km from Bengaluru, Coorg is one of the top destinations for a weekend getaway for all nature lovers.
- Located on the Western Ghats, the hills of Coorg are rich in diverse varieties of flora and fauna. It is home to a total of 4 national parks and wildlife sanctuaries.
- Take a bus, or drive by road from Bangalore to Coorg. You can also rent for the weekend.
- Pre-book a hotel for yourself or camp in the woods.
- Some of the places to visit include the Namdroling Monastery, the Golden Temple, Talakaveri, Abbey and Irpu Falls, Dubare Elephant Camp and the main tourist attraction Nagarhole National Park.
You can take elephant rides in the Dubare Elephant camp, trek to the Kopatti Hills and do adventure sports in Coorg.
Fascinated by the royals? Have a close look at the lives and likes of the royals of Mysore with a weekend getaway to the city of Mysore. It has a large number of historic monuments, sites, and gardens that are picturesque, and must be visited during the festival of Dasara, when people gather in large numbers for a procession.
- Located around 150 km from Bangalore, Mysore can be reached via bus or by renting a car, or even by taking a train.
- Major attractions include the Mysore Palace, Chanmundeshwari temple, Jaganmohana Palace and the Sand sculpture museum.
- For the nature lovers, you must visit places like the Mysore Zoo, Vrindavan Gardens, Museum of natural history, among others.
If the mountains are your true calling, then you must definitely not give the Queen of Hills a miss! Known for tea and chocolates, the hills of Ooty are known for their mystical beauty. With a lush green forest cover and pleasant weather all year around, the hills of Ooty are perfect for a family vacation or even for a solo adventure.
- It is located around 270 km away from Bengaluru, and can be reached via a bus, train, or a road trip.
- The Nilgiri Mountain Railways is a UNESCO world heritage site and must not be given a miss.
- Done forget to visit the Chocolate museum, wax garden, Ooty lake, and Dodabetta, the highest peak of Nilgiris, located in Ooty, which is very beautiful, and is a delight for photography lovers.
- Due the weekend rush and Ooty being one of the most favored destinations for a vacation, don’t forget to pre-book a hotel for yourself!
- Don’t forget to pick up fresh tea and coffee from the farms as gifts for family and friends.
Looking for a quick getaway without minimum travel and drive? Ramnagara, located just about a 50 km drive from Bengaluru is the perfect pick for you.
- The best time to visit Ramnagara is between October to December to experience a pleasant weather.
- Satiate the filmy buff within you by visiting the Sholey fame Ramnagara rocks!
- Ideal for a one day visit, you can spend your day doing bird watching, rock climbing, trekking and sightseeing among other things.
- The best way to reach Ramnagara is by renting a car, and driving an hour to get there.
Fascinated by the legacy and life of Tipu Sultan, the Tiger of Mysore? Don’t forget to visit Nandi Hills, which also happens to be the summer fortress of Tipu Sultan, and get a sneak peek into his time.
- Since Nandi hills is located just about 60km from Bangalore, the best way to get there is by a car or bus, and it will take you not more than an hour and a half.
- You can do fun adventure activities like trekking, cycling and even paragliding on the hills.
- Some major attractions include Tipu’s summer residence, Tipu Sultan’s drop, the Brahmaashram, and the Nandi swami temple.
- The best time to visit Nandi hills is between October and June.
So what are you waiting for? Pack your back, put your traveling hats on, venture out on an adventure. Go ahead, explore the beauty of Karnataka, and chant Incredible India!