Trip Advisor's rankings of Britain's best beaches may set off a tempest in a teapot, with its ranking of Dorset's Weymouth Beach as the tops in the U.K.
Last month, TravelGumbo published a Picture of the Day featuring Bournemouth Beach, also in Dorset, often mentioned as the country's top beach.
With 10,000 miles of coastline, there are bound to be many favorite beaches; here's TripAdvisor's top ten. But, as they say, Your Mileage May Vary.
- Weymouth Beach, Weymouth, Dorset
- Fistral Beach, Newquay, Cornwall
- St. Brelade’s Bay Beach, St Brelade, Jersey
- Luskentyre, Isle of Harris, Scotland
- Woolacombe Beach, Woolacombe, Devon
- Porthminster Beach, St Ives, Cornwall
- Bournemouth Beach, Bournemouth, Dorset
- Rhossili Bay, Rhossili, Wales
- Perranporth Beach, Perranporth, Cornwall
- Hengistbury Head, Bournemouth, Dorset
Photo: Weymouth Beach, spring Bank Holiday 2016