WOW founder wants to try again

 

Skuli Mogernson, the brash founder and CEO of WOW Air, which went into sudden bankruptcy last month, stranding passengers without recourse says he wants to do it again. Run an airline that is, not go broke.

And, he says, if he can just get investors to pony up $40 million to buy the remaining assets of WOW, he'll give them 49% of the new company, keeping the other 51% for himself and other former WOW employees.

His plan for the new WOW is the same as it was for the old: ultra-low fares, lots of fees, and purple planes shuttling passengers between North America and Europe with a stop at Keflavik in Iceland. With the remaining planes, four A321s and an A320neo, he hopes to serve 13 cities.

Of course, it's all a big if: If he can get the investors, If they like his proposal, and the biggest If: Would passengers ever trust his airline again after being stranded with no notice and no tickets?

The best part of every trip is realizing that it has upset your expectations

Add Comment

Comments (0)

Post
×
×
×
×