Singapore, with help from Paraguay, is now rated as having the World's Most Powerful Passport. In case you were wondering, that's based on an index showing how many places it can go without getting visas.
The list of the Top 10 has usually been dominated by European documents, with Germany at the top, but Paraguay's removal of visa requirements for Singaporeans pushed the Asian country to the top with a score of 159.
Of course, standings can change quickly, and the Passport Index, maintained by Arton Capital, a travel and citizenship advisory company, is updated constantly. Among recent changes, the U.S. passport has slipped, with Turkey and the Central African Republic revoking visa-free status for Americans.
Here's the current Top 10, actually 34 because of many tie scores:
- 159 - Singapore
- 158 - Germany
- 157 - Sweden, South Korea
- 156 - Denmark, Finland, Italy, France, Spain, Norway, Japan, United Kingdom
- 155 - Luxemburg, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Portugal
- 154 - Malaysia, Ireland, Canada, United States of America
- 153 - Austria, Greece, New Zealand
- 152 - Malta, Czech Republic, Iceland
- 150 - Hungary
- 149 - Slovenia, Slovakia, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia